Friday, February 27, 2015

Dear Motivation,

Please come back.

It's been almost a week since I last ran.  In 56 days I need to be half-marathon ready and not running isn't going to help!

This winter has been rough.  February alone has been tough and extremely long for the year's shortest month.  According to The Detroit News, this has been the second coldest February in Detroit.  We've seen an average temperature of 14.5°F and with the record being set in 1875 (of 12.2°F), this is definitely the coldest February I've ever seen.  Cabin fever has set in around my house and my motivation to stay active is near zero.

Thankfully, that all changes tomorrow at 6:30 am, when I board a plane headed for sunny Grand Cayman Island!

My running gear is packed and I am ready to enjoy my training runs by the Caribbean!

This week's "long run" is actually scheduled to be a 5K race but I think I need to take advantage of the sunshine and warm weather and try for 7 miles.  I won't have cell phone service down there so I won't have Map My Run in my ear calling out the miles as I run.  I'm not really sure how that will affect me.  I really like hearing where I'm at in my run, especially my pace.  I've mapped out a few landmarks that are about 3.5 miles from our hotel and it looks like you can run right along the highway there so my runs should be easy out and backs, my favorites!

I am probably going to hit my treadmill tonight for at least a mile, I need to make sure my new running shoes fit, although at this point I think I'm stuck with them.  They are the same shoe I'm running in now, just a half size smaller.  They fit fine in the store, I just want to make sure I have enough room for movement.  No black toe nails here!

I'm very hopeful that my next running update will include all good runs.  At least the views will be good ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment